Art Contest Rules
Live Free 999 May 2021 Art Contest
CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
Sponsored by Live Free 999 (“Sponsor”).
NO ENTRY FEE. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
The Live Free 999 May 2021 Art Contest (the “Contest”) begins on May 14, 2021 at 12:01 AM ET and ends on June 4, 2021 at 11:59 PM ET (the “Promotion Period”).
1. Agreement to Official Rules. By entering or participating in the Contest, you accept and agree to be bound by these “Official Rules.”
2. Eligibility. The Contest is a skill-based contest open to legal residents of the U.S. and Canada, eighteen (18) or older, as of the date of entry, who have an active e-mail account and Internet access as of the beginning of the Promotion Period. Employees of Sponsor and its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, fulfillment or other coordinating agencies, individuals providing services to Sponsor through an outsourcer or temporary employment agency during the Promotion Period, and their respective immediate family members and persons living in their same household, are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
3. How to Enter. Entry deadline is June 4th, 2021 at 11:59 PM ET. You may enter the Contest as follows:
(a) Visit the Contest homepage located at livefree999.org/artcontest (the “Contest Website”) and follow the instructions on the Contest Website.
Only one entry per person, household and/or e-mail address is permitted, regardless of method of entry. Entrants submitting multiple entries or violating any of these Official Rules may be disqualified.
4. Submission Requirements.
(a) By entering a Submission, you represent and warrant that each Submission: (i) is your original creation and does not infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other proprietary or intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy (“Intellectual Property Rights”), or violate any applicable law or regulation; (ii) has not been previously awarded a prize, or award during any other contest or promotion sponsored by Sponsor or any third party; and (iii) is not obscene, lewd, profane, pornographic, disparaging, indecent and does not describe illegal or other inappropriate or dangerous behavior.
(b) If a Submission does not meet the criteria described in these Official Rules, Sponsor may disqualify and discard the Submission either immediately or at any time. By entering a Submission, you acknowledge that Sponsor may obtain other Submissions that are similar or identical in theme, format or other respects to that submitted by you. You acknowledge that Sponsor does not waive any rights to use ideas, themes, or concepts previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than the entrant, which may be similar to your Submission. You also agree that Submissions may or may not be posted on the Contest Website or on the Sponsor’s website, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. By entering a Submission, you agree that Sponsor is not responsible for any unauthorized use of Submissions by third parties.
5. Rights in Submissions Granted by You. You agree that all Submissions will be owned by Sponsor. As an entrant, you hereby irrevocably convey, transfer and assign and agree to irrevocably convey, transfer and assign to Sponsor: (i) all of your rights, title and interests in and with respect to any Submission that you submit to Sponsor in connection with the Contest and all Intellectual Property Rights therein; and (ii) to the extent assignable, any and all Moral Rights that you may have in or with respect to such Submission. You also hereby forever waive and agree never to assert any Moral Rights you may have in or with respect to any such Submissions. “Moral Rights” means any rights to claim authorship of a work, to object to or prevent the modification or destruction of a work, to withdraw from circulation or control the publication or distribution of a work, and any similar right, regardless of whether or not such right is denominated or generally referred to as a “moral right.” You also agree to assist Sponsor, at Sponsor’s expense, to perfect and enforce for Sponsor all Intellectual Property Rights and other legal protections for such Submissions, worldwide and to execute and to deliver any documents that Sponsor may reasonably request from you in connection with providing such assistance. You hereby appoint Sponsor as your attorney-in-fact to execute documents on your behalf for this purpose.
6. Judgement of Submissions and Selection of the Winner. All qualified Submissions will be judged by Sponsor’s Leadership Team along with a representative from the record label, Grade A Productions. Both parties have supported merchandise development and design selection for other assets utilized by the Sponsor. Submissions will be judged according to the following: (i) originality/creativity (35%); (ii) emotional appeal (humor, sentimentality, etc.) (30%); and (iii) adherence to contest theme (35%). The Entrant whose Submission earns the highest overall score will win. The decisions of the judges will be final. If any ties must be broken to determine the winners, the judges will choose the tied Submission that has the highest score in category (iii) adherence to contest theme.
7. Prizes and Odds. The Prizes to be awarded from the Contest are as follows:
(a) Five (5) Top 5 Prizes: approximate retail value (“ARV”) $150 (US).
(b) One (1) Entrant from (a) will be given the opportunity to work on a future Merchandise collaboration; ARV $0 (US).
Total ARV of all prizes to be awarded: $750 (US)
The odds of winning a prize depends on the total number of eligible entries received and the skill of the entrants. No cash or other substitution of prizes is permitted. If the actual value of the prize is less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Winners are solely responsible for any and all federal, state, provincial and local taxes, if any, that apply to prizes. Allow six (6) to eight (8) weeks for delivery of prizes.
8. Notification of Winners. Winners will be notified by email within five (10) business days of the winner’s selection, and may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release within seven (7) days of notification. If a selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize and/or where applicable an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release is not timely received, is incomplete or modified, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from remaining valid, eligible Submissions timely submitted. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted a Submission, the Submission will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email account specified in the Submission. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
(a) Sponsor is not responsible for (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, postage-due, incomplete, illegible, misdirected or undeliverable entries or Submissions, responses, or other correspondence, whether by email or postal mail or otherwise; (ii) theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials; or (iii) phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties.
(b) IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS OR PROFITS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES FROM ANY CLAIM BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT SPONSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SPONSOR’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU ARISING WITH RESPECT TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES WILL NOT EXCEED $5.00. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
10. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor and its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, sponsors and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, and assigns, and any other organizations related to the Contest, harmless, from any and all claims, injuries, damages, expenses or losses to person or property and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise from participation in this Contest or acceptance or use of a prize or parts thereof, including without limitation (i) any third party claims made in connection with your Submissions, or any representations and warranties made by you in connection with your Submissions; and (ii) any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Contest.
11. Publicity. Except where prohibited, by participating in the Contest, you consent to the use of your name, photo and/or likeness, biographical information, and statements attributed to you as an entrant (if true) for advertising and promotional purposes, including without limitation, inclusion in Sponsor’s newsletters, the Art Contest Website (livefree999.org/artcontest) and Sponsor’s homepage (livefree999.org), without additional compensation.
12. Additional Conditions. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, if in Sponsor’s opinion (a) the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of the occurrence of any event beyond its control including, but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic, pandemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, communications, equipment failure, utility or service interruptions, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), interference with the Promotion by any party, or any federal, state, local or provincial government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsors’ control, or (b) any other factors beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, in all instances without liability to the entrants. Sponsor also reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or winner, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
13. Governing Law and Choice of Forum. These Official Rules are governed by the law of the State of New York, without reference to rules governing choice of laws. Any action, suit or case arising out of, or in connection with, this Contest or these Official Rules must be brought in either the federal courts located in the Eastern District of New York or the state courts located in Nassau County, New York.
15. Winner’s List, Official Rules. For a list of prize winners, send an email message to email@example.com with “Winner’s list” as the email subject and the Contest name specified in the body of the email. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Contest Period.
16. Sponsor’s Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated: May 12, 2021